Tuesday, June 30, 2009

City trip Hong Kong SAR

Next week I'll be in Hong Kong SAR again. Although I'm born and raised in The Netherlands and being a full Dutch citizen, due to my Cantonese roots, HK is like a second home to me. My grandparents are still living there. It will be the 3rd time in the last 12 months. A few collegues of mine were very curious about life in HK. So, last April I took them to HK and let them have a great journey in the city where west meets east (I know, it's a cliche). Now, in July I will probably return again. A good friend of mine is a KLM employee and has opportunities to travel for a bargain. I'm talking about € 200,00 (Aprox. US$ 280,00) for a round trip Amsterdam - Hong Kong with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.

I love to fly, But a flight of 11 hours in a M-class of a
Boeing 747-400 is quite a time, so I'm hoping the economy class is fully booked, as I am to be upgraded to the World Business Class (for the same bargain!!) Therefore, I hope to see some new stuff and otaku gadgets again and of course, take a lot of pictures, as it is also one of my hobbies.


Last year I bumped on Jackie Chan, while shooting a promotion (I guess). That was a true coincidence, I don't think it will ever happen again. One of the specific issues being on vacation is in my opinion the scent of a location. So has Hong Kong. They often say: One picture tells more than a thousand words. Well, if it also goes for a scent, I think that a scent is telling one hundred thousand times what a picture says. It's so unique that every time this scent is passing by, I'm immediately back on vacation again! Great experience!Do you have nice memories of scents/aroma about your vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment