|Fly for a steal!!!|
It shouldn't have been longer, because the seatplan by Peach is very narrow and cramped. Most shocking was that 90% of the cabin crew was not able to speak English properly! This is really astonishing. It was overall quite a problem to get around in Japan with just speaking English. Ordinairy Japanese do not speak English.
At HKIA the aircraft was parked next to a KLM Boeing 747-400, our national flag carrier. Next to the KLM Boeing there was a Airbus A350-800 parked. Probably an aircraft for test flights around the world.
|So hot....your taste-receptors will deteriorate..|
We have had a lot of diners at the foodcourt at Times Square Causeway Bay. The court has been renovated and the waiting time for your dish is decreased with the buzzer, at least the time you spend in fornt of the cashier's desk.
Toys R Us sold it for HK$ 1199,- but there was a leader class Optimus Prima as a gift enclosed. I passed, since the Age of Extinction line sucks all the way. Even a freebee could not change my mind.
I'm glad I passed. A few days later I purchased an MP-03h Grimlock at Ins Point (Yau Ma Tei) for only HK$ 890,-. Not that I needed one, back in 2013 I hit a Takara version of MP-08 Grimlock (25th anniversary) already, but this one I purchased for sale. The retailer told me the price at TRU are always too high.
He was right. I took a picture of MP-Prowl Hasbro version TRU which costs HK$ 650,-. For example, the Takara and thus the better version will be yours at the local retailers for about HK$ 460,-. So the inferior US crap is HK$ 190,- more than the superior Takara version.....
And people are still buying it...unbelievable
The main targets this year were some last 'big' pieces, like Masterpieces MP-09B Black Rodimus Convoy, Maketoys Gaint Type-61, the 4 cars of Fansproject Intimidator (Menasor), Some G1 reissue's and Generations FoC Bruticus Set. I found this one at Tokyo Station for a bargain. The set of 5 Combaticons (Takara version!!) was handed to me for HK$ 699,- ( US$ 90,-)
Afterwards, the MP-09B proved also to suffer the brittle knee-joints parts.
Luckily, Robotkingdom - a HK based webshop for TF, released metal knee joints for MP-09 in September, so the problem is fixed now.
|TF Masterpiece Guide!|
I also got 2 DOTM Deluxe Class cards. I'm not too fond of the Movie toylines, but these 2 were cool in my opinion and they were quite cheap, so I picked them up.
The total of acquisitions was nearly as impressive as the one in 2013 (SGP/HKG).
I have anticipated on this and got myself a new travelcase. The Samsonite Spinner is replaced by the German Rimowa Salsa Deluxe 81 cm Seal Grey. I'm very happy with it!
Ow and on the very last day, I purchased the fresh TF Masterpiece Guide!! It was just released less than a week! What a luck!
Hereafter a list of acquirements and some images of the rest of the trip. Unless stated, all items are Takara versions.
- Generations Deluxe Class: TG-12 Air Raid
- Generations Voyager Class: TG-13 Soundblaster + Buzzsaw (2x)
- TF United UN-04 Megatron WfC (SOLD)
- TF United UN-05 Soundwave WfC
- TF Collection 07 Sideswipe
- TF Re-issue 16S - Megatron Special Edition (2001)
- TF Encore-03 Soundwave (SOLD)
- TF Encore-15 Cassette Volume 1 (Very hard to find!)
- TF Encore-16 Bruticus Scramble City
- 3rd party: Fansproject CA-03 Thundershred (Scrapnell)
- Armor accessories for FoC Grimlock Voyager Class
- Fansproject: CA-09 to CA-12 Car Crash/T-Bone/Down Force/Last Chance
- MakeToys Giant Type-61 full set
- DOTM Deluxe Class Armor Topspin
- DOTM Deluxe Class Topspin
- Dengeki Hobby magazine September
- Generations Deluxe Class: TG-03/04/05/06/07 Combaticons
- TF Masterpiece Guide
- TF Commemorative reissue: Dirge (Hasbro)
- MP-03h Grimlock (Hasbro - SOLD)
- TF MP-15 Ravage & Rumble (SOLD)
- TF MP-17 Prowl (SOLD)
- TF MP-18S Silverstreak
- TF MP-09B Black Rodimus Convoy
|Rimowa Salsa Deluxe|
|Not all of it fitted in the suitcase...|
|What a wellness! A whole row just for me!|
|Airbus A350-800 Test Aircraft|
|KLM Boeing 747-400 PH-BFF 'City of Freetown'|