Sunday, May 17, 2009

How the Gundam madness began...again...

As a long time fan of Sci-Fi like Transformers back in 80's (Only G1, the rest was crap), Battlestar Galactica TOS and Battlestar Galactica 2003, there was also place for Anime. In the 90's there were besides Anime, Manga. This is a different style and fundament, but that aside of it.
As a kid I've watched many Cantonese versions of Anime like Mobile Suit Gundam (Not aware of all the storylines, but the action was great), Dairugger XV - Kikoukantai, Six Gods, LionBot and so on.

At the end of 2005, after purchasing a HD-DVD recorder to record BSG 2003, my brothers attended me that the series mecha do have a lot in common with Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, and more importantly, have a good and decent storyline.
After buying the first 2 DVD's (10 Phases) to give it a try, I was completely hooked. That was about Jan. 2006, a time-span of 22 years since the first show of the Transformers. A lot has happened.
While searching for some information on the internet, I remembered my brother purchased some kits from Gundam Seed way back in 2004 in Hong Kong SAR. The kits, HG 1/144 Freedom & Justice made me curious about the franchise and before I realized what has happened, I had a tons of kits. Thinking about being able to build just one kit at a time, the idea to sell Gundam Model kits was born in no-time.
Since then, there is not many left untouched of this franchise and grew out to a serious hobby of mine, again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment